Friday 15 February 2008

NEW role analysis

Interesting to check my expectations before moving fully into the new job. It'll be cool to check in a few months time.

What attracts me in the NEW role?
- local job, close to the market, real pressure on achieving figures. That will make it easier on me to get passionate about it
- people management: taking on the responsibility of managin 4/5 people. Getting to know them, getting them to respect me, building a strong team, with good values. We will support each other and fight together, work together, cry and laugh together, celebrate our achievements together!
- it's a board role, it'll give me the opportunity to sit on the board and understand how directors operate and think. And test myself against them. And prove how good I am!
- Innovation: deliver new things to the market. Make great stuff that can change the scenario in the country where I live and where I was born!!!
- broaden my experience by being exposed to a couple of different categories and also another side of marketing that I don't really know

What may I struggle with?
- politics and the power of personal relationships
- lack of efficiency in the local organisations
- people relations more important than results
- it'll take time to understand the new categories and ways of operating
- longer days at least in the first 8-10 months, until I establish my credibility and power within the board
- lack of travelling?
- lack of international contacts??
- less international exposure and job opportunities?

No comments: