Friday 15 February 2008

Motivations

My successor in the current job has been appointed... I know the guy, he's cool, I came into the company at the same time as him, we've recently even worked together in a project. He'll do well.
How do I feel? A bit f****d really... Even though it has been my choice, I am not really happy about it. I do think that I wasn't really that happy while doing that job but... I'm afraid that I will even like the new one less. I had my first meeting this week and it was a bloody nightmare. Total lack of efficiency, an intricate network of personal relationships and powergames... Christ.
I guess it happens everywhere, it is human nature. The thing at this stage is that I am not fully motivated and passionate about the new job. I am not fully convinced myself.
And I need to be. If I am, I'll tackle any issue and become a major success in this role. But is that role what I want to do?
It is paramound in today´s world that you are fully engaged in what you do. After all, what is the point? Life is short, you gotta enjoy it and make the most of it.

My struggle has been to find out my purpose. What I want to do. What will fire me up. I'll give a go to this new challenge and find out what I like about it.

No comments: