Wednesday 6 February 2008

Back & re-energised?

I'm back!
The break was actually quite cool. I was in Madrid and got to go our with a few expats living there. I really enjoyed going out with them and I felt really at home. I have been an expat myself, so I really related to them.

I loved the feeling of being with people living abroad. I find it quite exciting. Discovering a new place to live, creating new habits, finding out lots of different things. The adventure.

I ended up missing it a lot.

For 1 year now, I am back at the place where I lived most of my life, after 4 years abroad. And although I really wanted to come back home, I haven't really been happy since I was back.
I don't have energy. I'm quite bored and am not getting excited. I need excitement to be happy. I need to feel challenged and really want something, to thrive after an objective.

What is missing??
- is it the fact that I lost most of my social life here, since most my friends are now married and don't really go out anymore?
- is it the fact that I am back living with my parents? And I really enjoyed and need to be back on my own place?
- is it that I miss the excitement of living abroad? Of living in one of the most dynamic cities in the world?
- is it that I need to do something totally new, in terms of job and career? That I need a radical change, a radical challenge?
- is it that I am in love with a girl that does not give me the confidence that is so important to me?
- is it a bit of everything?

What next steps can I take to change???
I am already moving jobs soon. I am currently doing a European job and am moving to a local one, that will hopefully enable me to spend more time at home and rebuild my professional life. But on the other hand I am really scared that I will terribly miss the international contact. And all the flying and getting to know new people and new places.

It's quite messy my life now.

No comments: