Monday 17 November 2008

Effects of economic downturn... II

I had a chat with HR, it is now confirmed that my team will need to loose a 1 person. It's tough but on the positive side, I already have 1 person who wants to move, as there is an expatriation opportunity for the partner. It's a good solution as it makes it a lot easier to manage it, no dramas or issues or impact on team morale.

The times are difficult. My recipe for such times will be to focus. What are the 3 or 4 key things we need to achieve? What are the key projects we need to deliver on time and in full? Come heaven or hell, we will get them done and delivered.
Focus.

I'll take these difficult times as an opportunity to get my team even closer and working hard together towards common goals. We'll bond and together we will win.

No comments: