Wednesday 28 January 2009

Centerpointe's Holosync: real or fake

Yesterday I received the demo CD from Centerpointe regarding their 'technique' of meditation via sound waves, Holosync.
Gave it a go: first time I listened, was very surprised as images just came to my mind with me having no control over them! Mainly lights and patterns! Then was a bit disapointed as most of the demo is about this guy selling you the benefits of the technique and enticing you to buy the full cd set, at $179!
Another bad impression was that on the website, they said they had to charge $9 for postal deliveries, the CD sample was totally free. When I got it, there was a stamp from the post office with the cost of delivery at around $4... So contrary to what they say, they are making quite a bit of money on 'free samples' and tricking consumers that way.
Getting down to the real stuff, does it help you to meditate and relax, increase awareness, it's too early to tell. To start with, I admit I am suspicious of something that you basically have to do nothing but put on a pair of headphones for such 'advertised' amazing benefits. Normal meditation is difficult but the reward is also in the process.
But I'll keep at it and will share the conclusions in a few days!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Be Careful with Holosync

Being a careful observer, don’t ask me how I know, but Holosync is the cause of Restless Leg Syndrome and possibly seizure activity for people- if not in the listener possibly people you may come in contact with. You don’t want that kind of karma do you?

charlos john said...

This article was written by a real thinking writer without a doubt. I agree many of the with the solid points made by the writer. I’ll be back day in and day for further new updates. Holosync