Wednesday 4 June 2008

The Power of Thinking

Thinking is powerful. Thinking are the lenses through which we see the world.
I have been a bit down lately, letting things get to me and feeling demotivated at work. But in the last couple of days, everytime I notice a negative thought, I replace it immediately with a positive one, I repeat inside my head something positive about me, or something that I am grateful for. For example 'I appreciate myself and I am doing a good job'.
And after a couple of days I can tell you that the impact is absolutely powerful! I feel happier, lighter and more self confident. Life seems easier as I don't let the bad stuff just run around in my mind creating havoc.
The only requirement is that you do need to be aware of your own thoughts, so tat you can identify the negative destructive ones. Probably meditation can help you become more aware of your thoughts.

No comments: