Tuesday 15 January 2008

My generation I find is somewhere in between. I know people who are fully settled, own a house, kids and so on and just want to guarantee they have enough money to live confortably and afford some nice holidays and trips.
Some other people are trully looking to chase their dreams.

I have been educated in the sense that you need to graduate and find a good job in a good company. That is how I started my professional life.
But as I experienced more, including living in a foreign country, I am realizing that something is missing.

I really would like to work with a sense of purpose. I spend most hours in the day working - it should be meaningful!

What I have been doing for quite a while is trying to find out what gives me pleasure, what fulfills me.
I have read countless books, went to seminaries...
What is working best for me is scouring a diary that I have written for the last 5 years. It's giving me much more insight on what I value and like.
But still haven't cracked what I really want to do.
So I keep looking and trying.

No comments: